Monday, June 7, 2010

From the eye of Hannah

You've heard a little from Gracie in a previous post. Well now it's Hannah's turn! Hannah is one great photographer! If you read the blog on the Canadian Geese- you saw a few pictures of the goslings and their parents. Hannah took those pictures!=) We thought today...we'd pass the "blog baton" off to Hannah...



"Hi! My name is Hannah and I am 12 years old. I love memorizing verses- which led me to getting the Timothy Award in Awana. My dad teaches me piano-he is a great teacher! I love biking while my dad and mom run. I enjoy watching wildlife of every sort. I also love to go fishing with my dad on my birthday every year. An interesting fact about me that most people don't know is that I have been bitten by a snake! It was merely a water snake- but it bit me as I was trying to pick it up- on my birthday. I don't think that was a very nice birthday present!!

There are a lot of things I like to do- but, something I really love to do is take pictures!!!


I first started taking pictures when I was 7 years old. I entered a picture in the Spring Fair and got first place! I was so surprised! I entitled it "Spider on the Rose". It was a picture of a spider on a rose. I've loved taking pictures ever sense! Some of the things I really like to take pictures of are landscapes and animals. I love using my talents and abilities to honor and glorify the Lord through the pictures I take. Here are just some of my photos- I hope you enjoy them!"


This is Mt. Rainier













A Marmot at Mt. Rainier

A Frog in a newly bloomed rose in our yard.















Lighthouse on San Juan Island, Washington. We went here for vacation last summer.
















A wildflower by the river near our house.
















One of the baby goslings. I took this yesterday!
















"I have a lot more pictures...these are just some of them. I am thankful that the Lord has given me this ability so I can share it with others! I hope you liked them!"

In His Footsteps-
Hannah Schilling
Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your fantastic pictures Hannah. I really like the frog on the rose. God's creation is so amazing and being able to capture it on film is a true blessing.
    Take care,
    Ms. Lona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms. Lona! The frog on the rose is one of my favorite pictures too! God is wonderful!
    May God bless you-
    Hannah S.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Hannah,
    You don't know me, but I went to school with your mom. I just wanted to tell you that you have an incredible eye when it comes to photography. You are really quite talented, and not just for your age, for ANY age! Keep it up. :)
    By the way, I too was bitten by a water snake, when I was 12. I guess he didn't want to be picked up!
    Keli Hayes
    (keep up the good work, mom and dad)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the encouraging comments Mrs. Hayes!=) It's always fun to take pictures for the Lord! My mom has talked about you and how you are running to help others. That is great that you are looking out for other's needs!!!
    Thanks again!=)
    May God bless you-
    Sincerely,
    Hannah Schilling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah,
    Beautiful pictures you have captured. I am using the frog/rose picture as my computer background. :-) Ever thought of combining some of your favorite pictures with some of your favorite verses and creating a book?
    Jennifer Batten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mrs. Batten=)-
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! I am glad you liked the pictures!!! Thank you for the idea about using verses with my pictures!!! I think I might use that- thanks!
    I just love using my talents for the Lord.
    May God Bless-Hannah S.

    ReplyDelete