Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Starting Block

Jay and I are training for a 1/2 marathon- which we will run in May! I am so excited=)! I love long races!!! I'm not very fast...but just love the challenge of running the distance. In June I will run a full marathon. Wish Jay would run it with me- but I'm so grateful he'll run the 1/2...it will be a lot of fun =)!
The start of any race- is the best! Everyone is totally pumped up to run and filled with great anticipation of what is to come. When Jay and I race in May hopefully we will have trained well enough to be able to manuever the course with strength and stamina and to finish well. There's nothing like running a race and knowing you gave it your best!
For me, running is a lot like how I see my life. I have great anticipation of what is to come- because I know Who has laid out my course. Everyday God gives me a new "work-out" plan from His Word- and then puts me on a "run" to show how His plan is to work. All of this so I can run well for Him, for His Glory. He is so faithful to me-and I am not ashamed to run for Him.
I titled this "The Starting Block" simply because this is the starting of a blog about the course God has given our family to run. He started each of us on "The Course" at different times. We will be sharing more about our starting times in a future blog =)!
In the meantime, thanks for running with us as we "Run On Course"!
1 Corinthians 9:25

Running in His Footsteps- Jay,Vicki,Hannah and Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment